So I have been really meaning to write (about everything and anything) this blog is like an addiction. Thank God for the journals I have because without them I would have not written at all. So last week Huma left for Miami, she is part of this International Au Pair agency and they were having a meeting there to branch out and create new networking ideas. This meant that I was left in charge of the kidos! Piece of cake really. So far nothing out of the ordinary has happened which I think is why its been so difficult to write, I have nothing really new to say. The days are very scheduled which is good cause it keeps Ege busy while Ece is at school so he does not get all fussy. Everything has just been routine. Wake up at 7:30am, breakfast, dress Ece, feed both kids, Ece goes to school, Ege and I play till naptime, play more afterwards, Ece comes home, playtime. TV time, dinner, story time. Literally same thing everyday. Then on Friday it started to get really nice outside, I mean like no clouds, sunny and hot enough to get sun kissed on your face! I was loving the opportunity to sit on the terrace so outside we went!
Ece and Ege have scooters they love to play with, as well as Ege and his motorbike. They are so interactive with each other sometimes I like to just sit back and watch. They are in the habit of playing house together which is so adorable cause I totally remember doing this with my sisters. We used to live in this house in Galice, out in the middle of no where down by Grants Pass, Oregon. There were no other little kids to play with so it was just us four little girls. The house sat up on a hill which was surrounded by a creek. It was my moms rule to not cross over the creek so we would go down there and build houses for ourselves out of sticks and logs. Then we would invite each other over for tea or dinner. I clearly remember making "soup" out of dirt, weeds, rocks, and grass then serving it to my sisters. While I am on this topic there are some other things I want to share. I loved this house in Galice for a few reasons, some I didn't realize till much later on in life. This is really the place that my sisters and I became so close. At first I was convinced it was the second they all gradually graduated highschool and finally hit a maturity level I could deal with. But no it was this time we shared so long ago. I was only about 9 yrs. old then and to this day am so grateful for that time. Since there was no one else for us to bond and play with, we had to deal with each other. So much mischief was gotten into, so many things we were not supposed to do were done. Like (sorry mom) the forbidden water drain tunnel that lead under the road? We were not supposed to crawl into it and go to the other side but we did, more then once. The motorcycle trails we were not supposed to go off of were avoided at all cost. The only forbidden area we did stay away from was that creepy barn with all the old furniture. I thought for sure there was a demon monster in there.
So I see these things in Ege and Ece and it got me thinking how important it is for them to be able to play, and work together, how I can see a bond being formed right in front of my eyes! Even when Ege cried that Ece took his motorbike (which she does all the time) or when Ece cried that Ege took her scooter! These could be those moments for them someday... maybe not too soon though...


No comments:
Post a Comment