Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Update-Running

So I have been on a winning streak! By that I mean that I have been keeping up and then some with my training program. One that I have designed all by my SELF! (No reference to the magazine.) Here is a look at wha tthe past two weeks have looked like:
3/17-5K
3/18-rest
3/19-11K
3/20-16K and crossfit
3/21-1hr eliptical
3/22-6K crossfit
3/23-6K crossfit
3/24-rest long walk with friends
3/25-12.2K track splits
3/26-crossfit only
3/27-crossfit easy 4K
3/28-crossfit track splits


I have one blog that I religiously follow: She is awesome! I wish I could blog like she does I have no idea where she finds the time. Her site is called, http://www.hungryrunnergirl.com Read it. Oh and she is pregnant at the moment and still teaches spin classes, does her track training and runs daily. Her most recent post was all about training for speed which is something I am also focused on. I also get the Runnersworld magazines and in Janea's recent post she posted this photo:Photo I am so going to be on this program. Today I am doing the ladder but thats going to come after my crossfit class which includes 5 timed runs of 400m. I got first place by the way (I think I was the only one really competing) I am so competitive and I want to be first when we do these timed classes. Since this is the first one that involved running I know I would have a good chance. Normally the boys out do me all the time. Not this time. I came in like 2 minutes faster then the fastest guy ( he was using more weight then me in the kettle bell swings and squats in his defense) Basically its 15 reps of 16 kg kettle bells then 10 reps squats with the kettle bell, then you run 400m and repeat 5 times. I got 14:23 minutes! The coach came in around 12:56 so I am determined next time to beat him! 


So this week I am focusing on my 5K and 10 K runs. I want to be able to run a sub 22minute 5K and a sub 50minute 10 K I think I can do it by next Wednesday! We will see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Current Map

See the Maps tab above for my other Maps


more...