Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snow and Running


Don't mix well in my book.This photo is of my night run up by the college, it started to snow so hard and by the time I turned around my tracks where almost covered with snow again!  I love running outside and dont mind the cold at all but I need to seriously update my snow running gear. This year has been very warm and there has been hardly any snow fall until this last week, we have gotten several inches in just a few days and my gear ( since its been warm) was good enough. 


I looked up a few articles cold weather running and 8 great tips for running in cold weather were great ones. Both with emphasis on proper attire. 


 There are several things I need:
New Shoes I dont have the best luck with shoes. I tend to find a pair I like and literally run them to pieces! I have some Nike elite's that I love and have had for about 6 months now. I also love my Saucony trail shoes, which I have also had for 6 months. Both shoes have holes where my pinky toes has decided to poke out.There is not much I can do in the shoe size department to fix this constantly reoccurring problem I have tried a size bigger and hated the way my foot flopped around inside. I have tried wider models but have yet to really solve the problem. Here are some winter shoes I would love to try as well as a great running shoe review from Runnersworld.com 


GlovesI have been using some gloves I got at like Target or something for 2$ and they are just cotton or something
Jacket? I am not big on wearing a Jacket because I get too hot anyway, I will wear my long sleeve asics and my 2XU compression long sleeve and they seem to keep me warm enough. If its raining/snowing/windy I throw on my North Face wind breaker but its so light and has not insulation. 
PantsAsics pants or Nike womens tights? Nike Filament Women's Running Tights 363882Personally I am more of a tights girl but sometimes I think that extra insulaton from the warm air space created from pants might be helpful. 
Socks- you can never get enough, I never ever have enough! 
Yak Tracks?Yaktrax Prohow about some of these babys? huh? Yes I want them... I would love to find out if they are comfortable to run in or if they mess with your stability. You can get them ar REI for super cheap like 20 bucks! HERE


Head Light is iPhone light good enough?I have been using the flashlight app on my iPhone and therefore using the fact that I need a light to bring my iphone on my runs and if by chance someone calls or tex messages for even facebooks me while running, well I might as well answer since I have my phone. This cycle must be broken! 
Hatthis one has a pony tail hole... hmm.... 


See there are a lot of winter clothing items that I need and must have! Too bad I work way to much and still have no money to spend on such items but a girl can dream right?


Until next time, I am going to go to class and enjoy the 20 degree weather, 5 inches plus of snow and 20 mph wind gusts, YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Current Map

See the Maps tab above for my other Maps


more...