So I finally concluded my European experience (for while anyway) and I did it with one of the most expensive cities in the world! Paris! Go out with a bang right? Well I did, I was able to spend 5 days in Paris walking, running, and biking my way around the city! Here are my photos! I highly recommend that if in Paris you rent bikes and ride around. Also do the Fat Tire tours (you find them at 7pm down under the Eiffel Tower!
I arrived in Paris exhausted with ALL my luggage! My hostel was one of my favorites so far named World Hostel. It was in a great location for walking even though it was tough to find (totally my fault). I ended up backpacking my butt around and around the area I was supposed to be in, but I was busy looking at this and that to really pay attention and find the place. I was also on the verge of starvation and was trying to find my next meal!
After setting my lings down and taking a shower I headed out to explore and see as much as I could in the short 4 days I was there. I loved walking through the side streets, seeing the tall apartments buildings. Imagining that I was living there and each morning I was waking up buying baguettes and getting a paper only to sip coffee from my balcony and people watch.
The Notre dome ended up being my favorite place, and I went there several times. I loved the architecture and the old picturesque feel of the place. This building was build in the 1200's and its HUGE! Plus all the detail and the gargoyles really made me interested in learning the history of the place. Its name means "our lady Paris" and is on the small il'de la cite island. I was fortunate enough to eat lunch right on the street across from the lady Paris and really enjoy the best of Paris. This included almost getting my rent a bike stolen by a 12 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment