Sunday, July 25, 2010

Alors on Danse

I love dancing to my own music, I have been that person who will dance in my underwear in my room at 7am while getting ready just because my favorite song is on the radio. At the moment music is really moving me and I think its because I have no music to listen to while I run anway more...(which is a problem all its own). That and the radio stations are amazing here... its all the stuff I love but most people hate, ya know that new age techno pop stuff.  Alors on Danse... look it up its a hit.

Anyway thats not really what I wanted to blog about. I am sitting at the table watching the boys play their PSP with their friend. For some odd crazy mysterious reason they are all obsessed with "Smackdown" as in WWF smack down pro (fake) wrestling. That stuff, they have the cards, the games, the moves, the videos and yes the T-shirts. Asli and I have had to draw the line and tell the boys that they can like and enjoy Smackdown but "WE" dont want to hear or see it!! AKA no "pretend" Smackdown fighting in the play room or at the beach or in the car or the living room not even to "show us a new move that they learned" NONE!

Where did this come from? If its not Smackdown I am reluctantly learning about its the NBA. Something I have always known this or that about back in the States I mean I do like watching basketball and do know somethings about the players and the teams but now its like been programmed into my head... I never thought I would know as much as I do now about Koby or Lebron, even Kevin Garrnet, Ronaldo, and Artes. All players I could maybe put a face to but not for certain I now know their stats which to me is weird.

Orhan and Ozcan are really catching on to the english program I have assigned for them. I have saıd this before but I would make a great english teacher without having an education degree or a masters which I think is something yu have to have in the USA. I have a program set up where they learn a little vocab each week via writing, drawing, sentences, and verbal. Basically first we learn the words and then make sentences with the new words. Then the next day we draw pictures and fit the words in the correct sentences (I have made worksheets for all this). Then the last day they are required to take a test which involves spelling the words I say and then verbally telling me a sentence using the word. Özcan is all about this whole test thing, he loves it and gets all excited. Orhan I can tell wants to know as much but struggles cause really all he wants is to finish so he can play Smackdown again! Its so cute because usually Orhan is always wanting to be first at everything and when it comes to spelling he says "second" so he can hear Ozcan use the word first, then come up with a sentance. Also I noticed that when i tell them to read their books they are reading the same pages or rather just sitting there for the time I say they have to and not getting anything done. So I need to watch that better!

Today I got hit int he head by a futball while we were playing human fuseball... and for about 30 seconds there was no pain and in that time Orhan was SOO worried for me! He has this ghostly look on his face it made me think "Oh god my nose must be bleeding" but all he said was "OMG ashley! OK? Tamam mi?" I was like awe.. yeah then I sat down cause it did really hurt! My nose still hurts and must be bruised. But I will never forget his little concerned face! I have seen that face before when Ozcan got hurt (Smackdown wrestling in the bedroom and he smacked his head on the heater) Orhan was so concered! I hope I have twins when I grow up. wait. Nevermind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Current Map

See the Maps tab above for my other Maps


more...