There are times in life when you get the short stick, times when you feel like, "damn that sucks." Or maybe even times when you think "Why did that happen to me?" Yeah sure there are the opposite feelings which occur just as often. Being able to place these feelings on the same pedestal is the real challenge because a negative can only be a negative if it has an equal positive. Therefore in order to see the good in the bad, you must first see the positive in the negative. Easy right?
There is that saying, "do you see your glass half full or half empty?" This is a rhetorical question asking for you to contemplate whether or not a situation is positive or negative. Without getting too philosophical I'd like to point out that I dont think this litmus test really proves a thing other then ones perspective. Some people see things in a positive cherry manner while others do the gloomy poor me thing. But I digress from what I wanted to blog about here.
If you refer back to a blog I wrote a while back (here is the link to refresh yourself) I have always thought I was a positive person. I still believe I am a positive person but maybe one that tends to let the positivity slip and fall off the back burner once in a while. I have been recently feeling like there is something missing, something not right and as usual I blame the weather. Then when it wasn't going away I started to blame pretty much everything but yours truly thinking that if I could just figure it all out I'd feel better. Honestly I was just having an emotional week or two. But at the end of the day it came down to losing my positivity. That little nagging thing some people call their conscience I call my positivity. It went on holiday for a bit but is back now and rockin.
I wanted to express some things I do when I am feeling down in hopes that A) I am not crazy and other people do this too. B) Maybe I can help someone out and give them a good Idea. and C) I recently read a good book that talks about this stuff.
I think I get sad most often when I am restless or homesick. I am miles from my family, friends, and boyfriend and I think these miles are tearing us all apart. Even though I wouldn't give up my experience here for the world I still miss everyone back home more and more. Some people have retail therapy I have blogger therapy (well and retail therapy but my budget doesn't agree with it so much.) I also have music therapy!! There are my go to songs for comfort like "From where you are"- The Fray and "Storm"- Lifehouse. Two songs I am loving to listen to while running nowaways even though they are sad. Which reverts this blog back to the main paragraph of every negative having an equal positive. My negative moods, and sad music turn out to be a great positive motivator for me to run.... right on! Another go to song is "Garden"- Needtobreathe and if you have not heard this song please youtube it or itunes it or whatever is most convenient.
"In this hour of doubt I see
who I am is not just me
so give me strength to die myself
so love can live to tell the tale." This is a perfect depiction of how I feel, and how I want to be seen from here on. To me this is saying that whenever in doubt, whenever that negative feeling comes creeping in start to realize that its not me. This is not who I want to be. So give me the strength to be able to turn that feeling around, look the other way change the negative to the positive and start telling the tale I want to tell.
Love it! I totally have been in a funk the last couple of weeks. I think stress and a full plate (who am I kidding an over loaded plate) are to blame, but instead of blaming negativity on anything I started looking at the little things in my life that make it so great. The pivotal moment that turned my tude around was going on a job site of Jeremy's and seeing the perfection, artistry and gratitude in his clients. I'm a lucky girl! And so are you!! Love you and can't wait to see you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Toni, you are a lucky girl! Great hubs, great place to live, wonderful life! I hate those little moments that make us feel like crap... but they come and go and there isnt much we can do but let them pass.. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteTo the optimist, the glass is half full.
ReplyDeleteTo the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
so imo if you are feeling less positive it doesnt mean u are becoming more negative... you just have figured out the solution to the problem yet. but you will. :D