Well once again I was in a search for some coffee this morning, I bought these instant coffee things that you just have to add water too.. they are alright. Yesterday we visited the Picasso museum which was pretty cool. Its hard for me to really get into the art viewing hobby since I know little about analyzing art. The most interesting part was that Picasso was obsessed with Valequez who painted Las Meninas which we saw when we were in Madrid at the Prado museum. Picasso took Las Meninas and repainted aspects of it in his cubism type fashion. There were over 40 different versions of the "worlds best painting" done by Picasso and most of which we were able to see. Finding the museum was a struggle since we had a map that was rather unusable in that it picked and choose which streets it wanted to label and not many at that. Plus that was later on in the day and my legs were tired from our hike earlier on.
Our hike took us to the Park Geull which was originally designed by Goidi as a place for rich people to live. It was a park set high up on a hill and the design was insane! There were these large columns supporting a landing which was entirely encased in tile design, when you are on the lower level where the columns are and you are looking up you see incredible designs in small broken pieces of tile.
These designs wrap up along the sides of the landing. Farther up the hill are paths and trails of gardens, steps and steps of walkways leading you in circles around the layout of the park. We went up the side entrance where there is a large sharp uphill hike to the top of a tiny will that wiggles around till you reach the top where 3 crosses are. We ended up leaving through the entrance, Goidi sure does love tile because the entrance is all tile, there are waterfalls encased in tile mosaics, animal statues like the famous lizard fountain which is also encased in tile design. Even the house and I assume what was a church is encased in tile mosaics. It was really amazing, I wasn´t sure how to take a single picture to capture it all.
On top of seeing this amazing wonderland, the view was breathe taking. We were so high up on this hill side you could see all of Barcelona. Mind you this city fits 4 million people. Its huge. We saw Sagrada Famillia, the olympic park, las ramblas, the cathedral de barcelona, and more buildings we didn´t recognized but were equally magnificent.
Today starts a festival in Barcelona I think its called Merce but not sure exactly, we are going to hit up las Ramblas again where merchants and street vendors along with stages of musicians have been preparing all week long for this fiesta so keep reading!!!
Unbelievable! I can picture everything so well, keep updating us. I love it!!
ReplyDelete